Friday, 19 July 2013

LHNB Story reviews.........

So, my story has been up for a month and, being as I had nothing exciting planned for this evening, I had a small drink to steel my nerves and decided that I would be brave and look at the comments that it's been getting - not on the thread itself but on the main site...

This was quite a bit step as it took me over six months to look at the reviews last year - yup, coward!

So I took a deep breath and looked........ now I had seen the star ratings my GR friends had given it so I knew that some people had liked it, but wow... I am kind of blown away by some of the comments, and not a little amused.

It's odd for an M/M story a lot of the major comments I've had have been praise for the way that Michelle was written.  Which as I am not a fan of the "evil female" that so many authors seem to think is the only person of the opposite sex a gay man knows I was really pleased about.

There are some negative comments about Nick, and the way he dealt with the whole thing.  Totally valid points, but it's hard to get how he was feeling across as it all in first person from Simon's point of view.  I knew there would be some people who wouldn't like the cheating aspect of the story but there hasn't been as much negativity about this as I thought there might be.

My favourite comment was the reviewer that said that other readers who enjoyed J.L. Merrow's work might enjoy the story - which given as I am rather a fan of this author made my evening.

Quite a few seem to want a sequel of some sort..... and I am contemplating re-visiting the characters at Christmas to see how they are getting on..... and most importantly whether Nick and Roger the Cat are getting on any better or whether an armed truce has been called :)

Who knows, I may manage to feel a bit more positive about my writing.... that said, please, next year.... remind me how stressful the whole procedure was and stop me from getting over excited and picking  photo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment