Sunday, 28 July 2013

It's oh so quiet........

So, this evening, shortly after Grand Prix watching and tea, my visitors clambered into their car and headed back up north of the border (they'll get in around 2 am - but it's easier this way as the baby will at least sleep in the car for most of the time).....

This means, my house now feels extremely empty and quiet.  I've got the radio on, but the critters are all absolutely shattered so the usual background noise is missing, as well as the noise from the visitors - well the baby anyway.

This shouldn't be a problem, after all it's approaching five years since I lived with someone else, but this evening I am feeling very flat and lonely.  I really enjoyed having these visitors to stay - not least because it's like having family as they don't expect to be entertained or have their time planned out to do things, their idea of a holiday is to relax, chill out and not have to do anything but be lazy.

I am sure the normality (ha!) of my life and house will return shortly, but just for now, I am feeling like I really want someone here all the time............. which I will probably get over quite quickly, but still.......

No comments:

Post a Comment