Thursday, 18 July 2013

Roll on the weekend.........

Given that I've only been at work for 4 days this week (actually only 3 so far) this week has really dragged....  Okay, so it's probably the after effects of the come down after a good weekend, the fact that it is unusually warm (hell we've got a heatwave warning... yes... in Britain... it's virtually unheard of) and that I am not sleeping because of the heat.... but really, I'd swear this week has been at least a month long.

But, there is only one more day to go till we get to the weekend.... though I am sure that tomorrow night will be as much of a wash out as every evening has been this week - the side effect of work locking all the windows in the office to make us rely on the not fully functioning air con has been to give me the headache from hell by the time I get home.

This weekend there are plans for a major clean, tidy, sort out the spare room and generally get organised for on Wednesday I have visitors coming to stay... now these visitors know me well, and accept that my house is home to the critters so don't expect hotel standard accommodation.... but I am not entirely sure that Hugo hasn't sequestered something revolting under the bed in the spare room and these things must be investigated!

I am really looking forward to this visit... I haven't seen my friend and the half daughter since last May, their visit in October had to be cancelled as they were moving into the graveyard.... and since then the latest half daughter has arrived... she's coming to stay too.... though at 3 months of age I am not expecting scintillating conversation or anything :)

The older half daughter I have plans for....... I intend to bribe her with birthday cake (it's the day they come down) in the hope that she'll strim the front and back lawns of the hip high grass.......

Mum and my sister arrive home the same day my visitors arrive... and on the Thursday we are taking mum out for lunch for her birthday..... it's all go round here!

Other than that I am really looking forward to four and a bit days of sitting around and putting the world to rights.....

No comments:

Post a Comment