![]() |
| Sunrise in the Peak District from Jamespictures.co.uk |
The summer solstice has come and gone
The days are getting shorter
and there has been a lot of reading done
I wasn't originally going to count the Love Has No Boundaries stories in my totals for books read, but awful lot of them have been what I class as novella length. So anything over 30,000 words has been included in the reading list.
My favourites this month are actually both LNHB stories, Nor Iron Bars a Cage by Kaje Harper and
Treasure by Kim Fielding. Both are fantasies which
has kind of fitted my mood more than anything. The Lion and The Crow by Eli Easton, Winter Winds by Missouri Dalton and Lia Black's Worthy
If it weren't for the LHNB stories, my top two books this month would have been Marie Sexton's Never a Hero, which is my favourite of the Tucker Springs series so far and Outlast the Night by Ariel Tachna.
There were two books I was really looking forward to reading this month, The Brat-tastic Jayk Parker by J. A. Rock and Mountain Prey by Lyn Gala. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy either of them as much as I thought I would (comments on my Goodreads review explain why)
- Strawberries for Dessert – Marie Sexton
- Human Frailties – Jaye McKenna (LHNB story, novella length)
- The Stable Boy – Megan Derr
- An Intrepid Trip to Love – Charlie Cochet (LHNB story, novella length)
- The Gladiator’s Master – Fae Sutherland & Marguerite Labe (June “Pick it for me” book)
- Winter Winds – Missouri Dalton (LHNB story, novella length)
- Nor Iron Bars a Cage – Kaje Harper (LHNB story, novel length)
- The Armada Legacy – Scott Mariani (non M/M)
- The Brat-tastic Jayk Parker – J. A. Rock
- The Lion and the Crow – Eli Easto (LNHB story, novella length)
- Treasure – Kim Fielding (LHNB story, novella length)
- With a Kiss – Kim Dare
- Worthy – Lia Black (LHNB story, novella length)
- Not Letting Go – Danni Keane (YA GLBT group’s book of the month)
- Anything for you, Sir – Max Vos (LHNB story, novella length)
- Renew, a Hammer Story – Sean Michael
- Sole Support – Kaje Harper
- Merrick – Claire Cray
- Half Blind (freelance magic) – Christine Price
- Six – Tara Spear (LHNB story, novella length)
- Mountain Prey – Lyn Gala
- Never a Hero – Marie Sexton
- Outlast the Night – Ariel Tachna
- You Get Full Credit for Being Alive – Cari Z. (LHNB story, novella length)
- Taken firmly in hand – Shannon West
- When it’s right – Aria Grace (LHNB story, novella length)
- Safeword - AJ Rose - loved this one... but completely forgot to recorded as read this month till I was double checking august's list!
There will be more LHNB stories next month to read, and I am taking part in the M/M group's scavenger hunt so there will be up to 10 books to read for that.... it could be a busy reading month.... and the UK GLBT Fiction meet is only 2 weeks away.... my ticket has arrived and I am torn between excitement and nerves at present!

No comments:
Post a Comment