Thursday, 14 March 2013

Sugar overload....

There has been way too much chocolate and sugar in my life this evening....... and I have not eaten any of it!

It's odd, but I don't actually seem to get cravings for sweet things, sure I like chocolate (preferably dark, bitter chocolate, the stuff that one small piece is enough), cakes, and such like.... but that wouldn't be my number one choice of either comfort food or what my body craves on a hormonal basis (unlike my sister whose other half has been sent out on middle of the night chocolate buying emergencies)..... My hormones are screwed, they know damn well I'm a vegetarian, but what do they want each month..... yup, roast chicken!  

10 months after giving up caffeine, I still get cravings for coffee. Though I am not even sure it's the caffeine I want or just the coffee flavour - I allow myself an occasional cup of decaffeinated coffee, particularly after a nice meal, but I don't seem to miss any sort of buzz from it.... and I definitely don't miss the inability to fall asleep!  I am learning to adapt to caffeine free diet coke rather than Pepsi Max but that has been a slower and more painful process!

Right now, with the fairly recent yeast exclusion, I am craving crusty bread.....and as I am trying to eat healthily and cheese has been more or less of the menu for the last three months, a nice bit of brie to go with it......failing that toast and Marmite (yep about as yeasty as you can get!) would do!

Anyway, after work tonight I turned my kitchen into a production line for the Comic Relief coffee and cake afternoon Mum is hosting on Saturday.... I have made chocolate cup cakes, flapjack and brownies.......and as I baked the air in the kitchen got sweeter and felt stickier (which I put down to the heating syrup for the flapjack).....by the time the brownies came out the oven I was totally over the whole thing... and made myself a very savoury tea of veggie sausages, potato wedges and broccoli.  

I've another batch of gluten free cupcakes to do tomorrow....... oh and then they need icing.....by Saturday afternoon I am not going to want to look at a cake, let alone eat one..... Lets just hope lots of people come and generously donate money.... and take the cakes away!

1 comment: