Monday, 11 March 2013

Random and stray thoughts....

(because my brain is apparently off line for the evening)

Yesterday was a much better day.... lots of it spent with my sister as we cooked mum a nice lunch for mother's day...... both of us bought mum flowers, my sister got a huge bunch of tulips and I bought a grow your own mini sunflower kit..... mum seemed quite pleased, but she'd been out the night before to friends for dinner and we think she might have been a little the worse for wear as she was somewhat quiet and grumpy.

I finished my current knitting project whilst at my sister's...... photos will follow eventually...... which means I am down to just two outstanding items....... I may find some motivation to do something about them at some point.....

Overnight, winter returned.  The temperature dropped rather suddenly and there was a very thin layer of ice on my glass of water by the bed when I woke up....... which is a miracle, no not the ice, the fact that the cats hadn't knocked over the cup or drank the water...... They were obviously too cold to come out from under the duvet.  There were flurries of sideways and whirling snow throughout the day and it's not got above freezing.  I was obviously a tad optimistic last weekend when I posted the spring flowers pictures..... I shall have to find a weather Goddess to petition if this keeps up as I really am fed up of winter now.  Though as I was reminded by my father, it snowed the day I was born and on my 18th, 21st and 30th birthdays..... he reckons we will get snow in mid April this year too..... I did remind him that he wasn't a weather God...

Towards the end of last week I thought I'd finally found my first ever DNF M/M book!  But, being the scrooge that I am I came to the conclusion of, I paid for it I will damn well read it....... (my scrooge like characteristics only just won out over the theory of life is to short for really bad books)..... if it had been a freebie it would have been ditched by about 30% in.

Now, whilst a myriad of things about this annoyed me (as does the plethora of badly written, badly edited, somewhat plot-less M/M books that seem to be out there at the moment) it is this sort of thing that starts me thinking that I could in fact write better and why don't I have another go....... I might, I have ideas, trouble is, I spend all day sitting at a computer drafting documents the last thing I want to do when I get home is sit in front of a computer doing anything at all.  Maybe I should write at work instead........ hmmm... can't think my bosses would be happy with that......

Well, as it's no warmer tonight, best go try persuade the hot naked cats to warm up the bed for me so my feet don't freeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment