A good time was had by all, though I did spend the first hour of the event hiding in the kitchen with my Kindle whilst the only visitors were about 15 ladies who go to the gym with mum....very scary they are!.... but luckily mum's cleaner turned up and he and I sat and nattered about just about everything... though the conversation about body piercing and what I was reading had to stop and start as people came into the kitchen....(the terribly upper class gym ladies would not have approved!)
It was more fun when some of our long term family friends came with their kids and grand-kids which livened things up.... particularly when a couple were crawling about pretending to be snakes.... not so much fun was when one woman started on about how her son was finally going to make her and grandmother and that at her age it was about time (she's five year's younger than mum - who announced she wasn't old enough to be a grandmother yet!)..... thing is, this woman's son was one of the small group that bullied me quite badly at school and personally, I don't think he should be allowed to reproduce!
Today was family time, my sister and I took mum out to lunch. She'd been busy baking and organising since about Wednesday and we knew she'd crash pretty hard once it was over so we wanted to take her mind off things.
In between all this I have been watching the prompts for the Love Has No Boundaries event........I did have quite a lot of indecisive thoughts about writing again this year, but after some persuasion I think I am going for it.... that said, a couple of prompts I've thought "ooh yes, I can write that", only to have them snatched up before I could grab them ..... hopefully there will be a prompt for me before 31st March!!
Right, well, that just about sums up the weekend...... must go wrestle with the cats to get the clean duvet cover on before bed time!
No comments:
Post a Comment