Well, this evening, I should be relaxing safe in the knowledge that I am finished with work for an extended bank holiday weekend........should be that is because in fact I will be going to work not only tomorrow but Tuesday, days which I originally booked off back in January.
Work is chaotic, I have a big important hearing in a couple of weeks, and it's the final push towards the financial year end..... when I looked at my list of things to do yesterday I realised that I was not going to be able to take the long weekend I wanted, so I cancelled Tuesday's day off.... then today I realised that there is so much to do I can't take tomorrow off either as I need to be in the office *sigh*.... I've not actually had a proper holiday since before my team leader went off on her honeymoon last November and I really, really need a break..... and looking at the calendar between cases running to Court hearings and other people in the team having booked time off I am looking at July before I can get a proper break.... seriously not happy.
I was wavering between throwing a tantrum over this or sulking, but after ranting to a friend for a while was reminded that (a) I am not 8 years old and so a tantrum isn't acceptable, and (b) sulking is not a good thing for a nearly 40 year old professional....... I am beginning to glare malevolently at that professional qualification I got... I knew no good would come of it....
Cancelling tomorrow's day off has also meant letting down a friend, whose litter of puppies and naked cat I was meant to go and see tomorrow has had to be put off. As she needs me to view the litter and help her pick the one she's keeping before the prospective puppy buyers arrive rather than a leisurely drive down I will have to leave at silly o'clock on Friday to get there in time..... though I shall get puppy snuggles, and they are very special puppies as they are my "grand puppies" (I bred their grandmother)....... the kitten is related to Hugo and Gina.... it's a hooligan..... no surprises there then.....
This evening I've had to go sort out my prescriptions for new bondage stockings.... the wonderful MacMillan nurse sent through all the details - including measurements and order forms - to my doctors, who wrote the prescription and completely forgot to attach these bits to it..... the chemist picked up the script over a week ago... and only phoned me yesterday to ask me how they go about ordering what I need as the correct paperwork wasn't provided....... thankfully I got sent a copy so I ran this to the pharmacy this evening.... It will be another week to ten days before I get them
I wondered round the pharmacy looking longingly at the shower gel but was good and bought some hypo-allergenic for very sensitive skin containing no flavourings, scents, colours, chemicals stuff....... it's very boring!
And to round off my evening... Hope appears to be having an allergic reaction to something and is chewing her back foot to bits and I've just tripped over the cat and smacked my knee into the wooden knobbly bit at the corner of the spare bed.... and the cat stuck her claws in my foot....... I think it must be bed time.... hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Boo about having to give up some of your planned time off! I can relate, tho - I'm buried in work, and have something like 8 days of vacation I have to use before July 1. I'm hoping to take some long weekends in May and June...
ReplyDelete