Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Bondage, kind of, but not in a fun way...

Well today started in one heck of a rush, but thankfully it got a lot calmer this afternoon!

After the normal round of trying to persuade the dogs to stay in bed till at least 5.30 - it didn't work, they had a short walk and breakfast and we were back on the sofa for another hour by that time.... I got ready for work - with obligatory 5 minute cat cuddling - and headed off for work.  I actually start at 8.30  but I had a telephone appointment with my MacMillan nurse at 8 am - which I ended up doing from one of the small interview rooms.

Now I love my MacMillan nurse, she actually does know what she's talking about and knows how to treat the defective lymph system in my left leg... unlike my doctor who hasn't got a frickin clue. So we started off with twenty questions, I confirmed I felt fine, I'd given up yeast products (which is harder than I realised as they sneak the damn stuff in everywhere), I'd had no new outbreaks on my leg and the last lot of manky bits were clearing up - yes good great... then the dreaded question... and how are you getting on with the pressure stocking....... erm...... I hedged by saying I wasn't sure my skin was healed enough yet.

She suggested I take pictures of my leg on my phone and text them over to her and she'd be the judge on that one..... Have you ever tried taking a photograph of the back of your calf by yourself, in an office, as your work colleagues are starting to come in, without looking a complete pillock?  In the end I spied my team leader had come in and dragged her in to the interview room to take the photo.

Pictures sent I went off to start working and about ten minutes later judgement arrived by text.... I have to start wearing the pressure stocking......like today......

Now anyone who has flown long distance or had surgery probably has  some idea of what a pressure stocking is.... trust me, it's nothing like those at all..... for a start it's custom made, it's thick black elastic type material..... and it comes with it's own pressure reading in mm of mercury (mm Hg)

Now I like a little light bondage as much as the next person........ but I've never seen the appeal of the body suit type things that look like you've been shrunk wrapped into a bin bag.... which is kind of what I felt I was putting on my leg.  You can't put it on like a normal stocking, oh no, it has to be turned inside out then carefully rolled up your leg.  It sits in place with 5 rows of plastic type bobbles on the inside which grip your skin..... and it compresses... yep it definitely does that..... you can't pull the material away from your leg and you need a pair of rubber gloves to get it off again

I wore it for four hours this evening as a trial run.... tomorrow I will be being well behaved and putting it on when I dress in the morning and it will remain on all day...... it's a very odd feeling once it's on, a bit like being squashed, a little painful at first, but then that kind of goes, you can't really forget about it as you always know you are wearing it ...

My counsellor thought it was slightly kinky in my appointment this evening....... but then again he's a bit weird anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I bet that's a weird, weird feeling. Good luck.

    Yikes, getting rid of yeast in your diet... I'm used to not having gluten at this point, after so many year. But recently, I had to remove/minimize onions/scallions/green onions (gastric disruption and pain) - I swear, worse than gluten! Onions are in EVERYTHING. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes, weird just about describes it!

      Ah now I can do gluten, the ex was gluten free and I did all the cooking so I learnt fast! Onions are a pain, I've a friend who goes into anaphalactic shock if she eats anything onion, even a trace of onion powder will do it.... Good luck with that one... much worse that dropping yeast!

      Delete