Well just about nothing today has gone to plan, and it's turned out to be a rather expensive day!
This morning I traipsed into town to pick up my parcel from the sorting office.... where unfortunately there is no car parking, so everyone parks on the yellow line, nips in and out and this is all fine. However, the bloke behind the counter could not find my parcel! He searched high and low but no, it was not there. Which made me a little angry as the card they put through the door quite clearly said it would be. I got handed the number of the complaints department and told to come back in a couple of days!
When I got to my car, the traffic warden had just finished writing me up for a parking ticket. Bless him he'd waited for 5 minutes to see if I came out to the car before he started writing, but because of the ejits in the sorting office it was too late.... so no parcel and unexpected £70 fine.
I went to mum's house to beg coffee and to have someone to rant at and as I went to go in her neighbour stuck her head out the door to tell me the hairdresser was coming in 20 minutes to do her and her daughter's hair and did I want mine done......... erm yes! It's been needing doing for a couple of months .... queue more unexpected expense as my hair was chopped from somewhere around my shoulders back up into a chin length bob where it was meant to be. It had better warm up soon, my neck is cold!
The supermarket trip was boring, predictable and at least an expected expense.
Shopping away I was sitting at the kitchen table peeling apples for crumble when Ivan suddenly squeaked, scrambled across the floor on his stomach, went rigid and started shaking. I fended off the three girls and held him down till he seemed to come out of it, but he couldn't balance and was knuckling over on his front paw. Eventually got him calmed down and happy, to the extent he was bouncing up at me on his hind legs, so I thought, no problem, he probably just slipped on the wet floor and freaked a bit. Ten minutes later he was getting up out of his bed and the same thing happened. Phoned the vet, who thankfully was open still, and got told to come straight down. Quick exam later and I was told he was fine, nothing obviously wrong with him, that will be £45.00...... the vet's final diagnosis as I was leaving was, he's a lovely dog, but a bit of a drama queen.... tell me something I don't know!
I'm safely back home this evening and I think I shall stay here and knit, and possibly read, and do things that are definitely not going to cost me any more money today!!
Yikes!! What a terrible day! *hugs*
ReplyDelete