Sunday, 24 March 2013

Snowbound!

My weekend was snowed off!

I haven't left the house since Friday and I am going slightly insane...... well okay, that might be a slight exaggeration, but it feels like it..... I've even started talking to the dogs...... erm, well, more in a conversation way than the usual talking to them in terms of "pack it in" and "shut up Gretchen".

I did manage to get out earlier, and made it as far as the rubbish bin at the end of the drive..... though yesterday one of my neighbours cleared a patch of snow at the end of my drive so I also cleaned off the car and shovelled some more snow in the road so I should have a clear run at getting out to work tomorrow (unlike the bloke who lives opposite who span his big shiny silver car round a few times before sliding it into my hedge this morning).

The worst thing about being stuck in the house was actually driving myself crazy wanting to get out..... well that and realising half way through Saturday that I would run out of dog food at breakfast on Sunday (they've had rice, eggs, yoghurt and veggies for tea......... goodness only knows what they'll get for breakfast!)

It's odd, most weekends I am not bothered about going out and sometimes have to drag myself out to do shopping and laundry....... but knowing I can't go out, all I want to do is not be in the house! Maybe it's an independence thing? Who knows, I just feel trapped........ it's a good job I don't live anywhere that has "serious" snow!

I've spent my time reading, writing and looking at the carpets thinking about hoovering (though that thought never got any further) so it wasn't a totally wasted weekend......it just feels like it.

Fingers crossed I can make the great escape tomorrow morning........oh and that I've enough petrol to get me as far as the garage to fill the car up!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get free in the morning and have enough gas to get somewhere to get more!!

    I tend not to get the claustrophobic feeling during big snowstorms, but - I'm only about 6 blocks from a pet food store, 2 blocks from a grocery store, 2 blocks from multiple gas stations, etc, so I can definitely walk to get the necessities even if it's very snowy. I suppose if it was REALLY bad, I could dig out my snowshoes...

    ReplyDelete