Well I probably don't but that's beside the point......
Last Friday I resorted to doing an online supermarket shop ... not something I would usually do as I like to mosey round the shops and pick fresh produce and suchlike, but what with the strict commands of "no driving", "rest", "keep your foot up" I thought I'd probably not get away with a jaunt round a rather large shop.....
So I logged on and ordered........ nice sensible healthy food, lots of fruit and veg, a couple of pre-prepared veggie things, lots of juice, squash and other oh so boring things (including the essentials of cat food and chicken wings)........and whilst that has been okay to a point, today I wanted chocolate..... I could claim that I wanted it for it's medicinal and restorative properties, but no, I just wanted to eat the damn stuff........
Mum was due round for the final phase of "operation clean the house whilst daughter cannot object".... and texted to see if I wanted anything.... I made sensible suggestions for more juice, and grapes... and chocolate..... which fell on very deaf ears...... here's the thing.... mum doesn't do chocolate.. in fact she doesn't do anything sweet really other than fresh fruit.... as kids the number of times we begged and pleaded for puddings or a snack the answer was always the same "there's plenty of fruit in the bowl"... so not something a child wants to hear!
(In her defence she has pointed out that as a war baby she didn't taste chocolate till her mid teens, and was much more excited by the first orange she ever ate........I think this is a poor excuse)
So alas I did not get chocolate....... which I would still like...... only now I want coffee too........ chocolate & coffee...... oh so not good on the cravings stakes....... I think I'd best wait until tomorrow night before I do the horrible online food order as I will still be on foot rest on Saturday or I will fill the basket with complete and utter unhealthy crap that you can't make a meal with no matter how hard you try!


I wish I could teleport some good chocolate to you...
ReplyDelete