Sunday, 26 August 2012

Bored with a side helping of "meh"

So, I managed the week at work... go me!  By Friday, well no, about Wednesday if I am truthful, I was pretty kippered and managing to work and then basically come home and do bugger all but laze about to recover...

By Friday I was seriously looking forward to what is for us a long bank holiday weekend..... until about, oh, lunch time, when everyone was sharing their exciting plans .... I put my earphones in, cranked the music up and ignored them after about an hour...... because I had absolutely nothing planned at all..... no exciting trips out, no plans to see friends, no visitors, nothing.

In fact, if it wasn't for the fact I needed to nip out to get my laundry done and I would have been at home on my own all weekend with the critters (save for the shopping delivery guy who came on Saturday morning that is)... as it was I took the laundry round to mums to use her machine .... she was making salads for a bbq my sister was having that afternoon with a load of friends....... I hadn't been invited.....

Tis official.... I have no life and am turning into a recluse.

Now whilst I have got plenty of things to occupy me at home, I've spent most of the weekend reading again.... admittedly I have also spent time with my leg up trying to persuade it to get better but still..... I am not so sure the kind of isolation I am feeling at the moment is healthy

I do have friends I could ring and natter to, but most of them have family and commitments and I don't want to intrude.

I am starting to feel like I am turning into the mad old woman that the local children think is a witch cos she never goes out and one day will be found dead semi eaten by her own pets......

Okay, tonight is not such a good night and I should pack this in and get a grip.......

2 comments:

  1. *hugs*

    I don't think I talked to anyone other than a cashier at the grocery store Saturday morning. I'm ok with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you .... I was okay with it by the next morning, when I'd got over the pity party I was throwing myself!

      Delete