I want the 'lympix back..... daytime TV is a load of drivel.... have resorted to the radio and my cd player, but even that was getting monotonous earlier on.
Work did phone me yesterday with something urgent to do - which is a bit naughty really as I have a sick note and technically shouldn't be doing anything work related......... unfortunately I am now convinced that I've screwed something up and it's making me really really itchy about getting back to work.
I also spent quite a lot of time today sitting on my hands and trying not to respond to a thread on the M/M goodreads group about lesbians writing M/M books....... sheesh, some of the responses and the original posting managed to wind me up quite impressively!
And I've another five days of resting before I can get back to normal......... this does not bode well!
Okay, in the meantime, a nice little tune that got stuck in my head when the band were playing earlier live on the radio........
I quit following that thread because I knew no good could come of it... I can think of some absolutely fabulous writers of m/m romance who happen to be lesbians: KA Mitchell, AM Riley, Luisa Prieto, etc. I'm guessing that, by the reasoning of some participating in that thread, women shouldn't write about men, men shouldn't write about women, whites shouldn't write about blacks, blacks shouldn't write about whites, etc. *headdesk* Of course, by that "logic", there'd be no Harry Potter, since only wizards could write about wizards...
ReplyDelete*ahem*
Ahem indeed... best left well alone....though I tend to counter it by the whole "I read and write fantasy, for to me this is what M/M romance is"... but then I also write about a colony of elves, halflings and their big cat protectors who are charged with preventing the Darkness from escaping the Void under the Peak District where they were cast....... I have no practical experience of that really.... though Gina & Hugo have volunteered to be the big cat protectors....
Delete