Monday, 14 May 2012

Sometimes nothing actually happens....

Which would be more or less the case this weekend.

I think, having dealt with the whole work fiasco, stuck 5 days work into 4 working days and with my sleep pattern being somewhere on another planet I was probably due a break from, well everything really.

So, this weekend there was housework (when isn't there), a little light dash round the supermarket (seriously, I must remember not to do this (a) without at least one large coffee first and (b) at a time when small children will with zero manners will be being forced to shop with uninterested parents - cos I love being followed round by the little sods whilst they point and laugh), some laundry (with the bonus of being early enough to mother's with said laundry that she made me breakfast) and a whole lot of reading and falling asleep at inappropriate times at the kitchen table.

So whilst I felt like I had had a weekend and a break from work I had done, well, bugger all really...... except possibly buy more books for the Kindle... bad me!

I have the housework to do list from hell as I have less than 2 weeks before my friend and the half daughter invade (yes, invade, not come to stay, that implies having to be polite and make them cups of tea etc... invade is much better - the half daughter takes over the guest room and plans world domination with the cats whilst her other half mother (ok, well her real mother if you want to get technical) and I put the worlds to right over tea, pepsi max and possibly vodka whilst knitting, reading and writing....... we know how to have fun)

I also have a short story to write for the May photo prompt on the YA GLBT Goodreads group - the bunny has spoken and is now just waiting for me to get my finger out and write it...... I also want to see if I can plot out a possible adult M/M story - no idea how long - whose main character showed up in my head last week and refuses to go away.

Who knows, at some point, I may actually find something interesting to blog about....

No comments:

Post a Comment