Well thank goodness that this week, as far as working goes, is safely at an end..... I don't think I've ever been more pleased to see 4 pm on a Friday arrive as I was this afternoon. I have a formal meeting to tie up some loose ends of the whole fiasco on Tuesday - when I fully intend to have my 5 minutes to get my side of things on record - after which I intend to put the lot behind me and move on.
So, we have a bank holiday weekend this weekend.... and of course the weather is forecast to be miserable - highs of 6C and lows of -1C... with potential winter showers.. great! I fear that this will result in one or two things happening this weekend.... there will be a major outbreak of domesticity and, shock horror, the overdue assignments might actually get done.
Now, the first is more than a definite possibility as so far this evening I have made a chilli for tomorrow in the slow cooker and baked bread rolls and cookies (chocolate and ginger one). Aside from the boring things that happen every weekend (laundry, housework etc) I am in the mood to bake...... which means that I will either go mad and fill the freezer or I will blow something up with the first thing I bake and give it all up as a bad idea.
The assignments I really need to get done....... but I am really not feeling the love for the joys of family law right now...... actually I am not sure that it's a subject I will ever come to love....... Mind you, the criminal law assignment gave me a plot bunny that is currently refusing to go away and a couple of potential characters keep jumping up and down just in my field of vision whilst waving their arms about and shouting at me... humm, that might make for more interesting writing than the assignments.....
Right, I am now going to go undertake the most dangerous and challenging domestic task that it's possible to do in this house........... yes, I am going to, with the aide of Gina and Hugo...... try and change the king size duvet cover....... wish me luck!
That sounds like the weather we'll have for our holiday weekend at the end of the month. It sounds very cozy at your place right now!
ReplyDelete