Autumn will soon be here....
So, this month, there was reading... but for a long month strangely not an awful lot......... mind you I have caught up on just about all the LHNB stories and found some stuff on line to read..... plus I've been doing a fair bit of writing which has used up quite a lot of my free time.
Runners up I think go to Bullheaded by Catt Ford and Sweet Young Thang by Anne Tenino (which I think is the strongest of the books in this series and the Greek societies names make me chuckle when you just take the initials - though I am only assuming this is intentional)
So on to next month - when between the Scavenger Hunt, monthly challenge, pick it for me challenge and general reading I appear to have a list of about 20 books to get through already picked out for me!!
So, this month, there was reading... but for a long month strangely not an awful lot......... mind you I have caught up on just about all the LHNB stories and found some stuff on line to read..... plus I've been doing a fair bit of writing which has used up quite a lot of my free time.
So, my favourite this month, that probably has to go to Downtime by Tamara Allen - a really well done time slip mystery that stayed true to the Victorian period in which it was set. I have another of her books waiting on the Kindle for next month.
Runners up I think go to Bullheaded by Catt Ford and Sweet Young Thang by Anne Tenino (which I think is the strongest of the books in this series and the Greek societies names make me chuckle when you just take the initials - though I am only assuming this is intentional)
Special mention to Rider - which I buddy read - it's not really an M/M romance as such as it doesn't have a happy ending but it is a really well written mystery story
1.
Camwolf – J. L. Merrow
2.
Morning Report – Sue Brown (r)
3.
Wild Raspberries – Jane Davitt
4.
A Dish Served Cold – Andrew Ashiling - This was on my Kindle for ages, it's not an easy read, violent and dark in places, the world building is good and the epilogue just makes the whole thing.
5.
Forever, I Promise – Lily Grace (LHNB Story,
novella length)
6.
We’re Both Straight, Right? – Jamie Fessenden
7.
A Solid Core of Alpha – Amy Lane - This was my Pick It For Me challenge book - now I am no stranger to Amy Lane's books - but this one hadn't really ever registered as being potentially to read, though I do do sci-fi books generally. It was both interesting and enjoyable with the expected level of character torture and yet again a "spot the author" moment....
8.
Midnight in Berlin – J. L. Merrow
9.
Rider – Peter Merrigan
10.
This Young Stud – Sean Michael - This series I've nicknamed "Hammer light".... enjoyable fluff but I really hope that they move away from the "hopeless twink" in every story!
11.
The Case of the Cupid Curse – Amber Kell &
RJ Scott
12.
Complicated – JJ Cassidy (LHNB Story, novel
length)
13.
The Loadstar of Ys – Amy Rae Durreston (LHNB
Story, novella length) - Probably one of my favourites of the LHNB stories this year - fantasy with a very Celtic feeling to it
14.
Meet me in the Middle – L. A. Whitt - this is the 3rd in the "closer you get" series and a nice light fairly low drama read.
15.
Sweet Young Thang – Anne Tenino
16.
Downtime – Tamara Allen
17.
Bullheaded – Catt Ford
18.
Blacker than Black – Rhi Etzweiler - I struggled with this one for some reason, it's beautifully written and a really interesting take of vampire society but I found it difficult to connect with the main character and narrator.
19. Ty Hard (Willow Springs Ranch) - L.E. Harner
20. Isle of Wishes - Sue Brown
19. Ty Hard (Willow Springs Ranch) - L.E. Harner
20. Isle of Wishes - Sue Brown

No comments:
Post a Comment