Sunday, 11 August 2013

Ouch - but it wasn't actually my fault this time........

I know I am quite, erm, well, very maybe, accident prone.  But sometimes it's isn't actually down to my own actions.  This week I've come to the conclusion that my critters also should come with some sort of warning........ probably a health warning......... maybe something along the lines of "spending time with these animals can have severe affects on your mental and physical health"

Let us roll back to, erm, Wednesday morning.......... when I was stumbling around the park at stupid o'clock ... now I had Kammi and Gretchen on their leads and had let Ivan and Hope off to hurtle around and get rid of some of their excess energy (I only ever let two off at once, and well, Gretchen never goes off lead as she'd be off at high speed and I'd never see her again.... and that's after extensive training... she will re-call in doors, just not outside ... little swine)..... Anyway, I called them back to put them on their leads before we got to the road and they headed straight to me, in Hope's case a little too straight and a lot too fast... She'd obviously forgotten where the brakes were..... and ploughed straight into my right knee, head first.. and she's got a very hard head!

I managed to get us home safely, by which time it was starting to swell a bit so I took some pain killers, slathered on some arnica cream and hobbled off to work..... during the day my knee got quite a lot more colourful and developed a great double clicking noise when I walked.......  That evening I iced it and by the next morning the swelling had gone down and the clicking stopped...... but something wasn't quite right and it kept locking up and getting quite painful to walk on.... I was seriously considering perhaps I should go get it looked at when, at about 5 am yesterday morning as I was reclining on the sofa having persuaded the dogs it really was too early to go out, Kammi went to jump on me and as I twisted to avoid her landing somewhere sensitive I twisted my right knee......... and almost screamed........ as something went "clunk" very loudly........ I lay there for a while psyching myself into getting up and when I eventually did, discovered that actually it was all a lot better....I talked to my dad about it (he's an osteopath) and he had me do some poking and prodding of the area..... upshot is, it looks like I might perhaps have been walking around with a partially dislocated kneecap for most of the week......


As if that wasn't enough excitement, Hugo decided yesterday that he needed attention, and leapt towards me for a cuddle, as I was sitting on the edge of the bath about to get in the shower...... he missed, kind of, his claws didn't, and as I wobbled dangerously close to falling backwards over the edge of the bath tub he caught me from bust downwards, straight across one nipple, my stomach, including just inside my belly button, and down my right thigh, with just about every claw he has in his possession........ So, I now have, to add to the currently greenish yellow coloured kneecap, an impressive set of scratches, which have bruised in places all down my front...........


There's also a huge bruise on my arm....... but I haven't got a clue how that happened........ I think I probably did something straight forward...... like walking into the door.......

No comments:

Post a Comment