Or.... erm.... oops....
Okay, cast your minds back about, oh, a month or so, to the morning when Hope used my knee as an emergency brake by applying her head to it whilst running flat out towards me....... yep, you remember that?
Well, for a couple of days after my knee was very stiff and sore and made an impressive clicking noise whenever I walked........ then something went pop and it seemed better........ or at least as better as a knee belonging to an arthritis riddled person gets.......
But...... it was all a bit painful, and my back started aching a lot more when I was walking.... and the knee would occasionally lock up or give way for no real reason..... but hey, you know, falling apart here, it' just part and parcel of it......
Only apparently it wasn't.....
Bring your minds to this morning, as I am arising from the sofa after having got an extra hour or so snoozing time after a stupidly early dog walk..... okay, so slightly before the arising part I was rudely awakened by Gretchen digging her paw into my eye socket.... not a recommended method of waking up!
I put my feet to the floor and stood, and twisted slightly................ and there was an almighty crack from my right knee....... and I thought I was going to throw up as something definitely moved in the area ........ Once I'd recovered slightly I discovered that all of a sudden I could walk much more easily... and my back wasn't hurting........ I phoned my doctors surgery who suggested that the practice nurse might want a look at it.... and pootled off there this evening........ I am strapped up around my knee at present...... to .... erm.... prevent my right knee cap from dislocating/slipping sideways again whilst the ligaments in my knee reset themselves to where they are actually meant to be, rather than where they have been for the last month.......my doctor is kind of horrified and not a little impressed that I've been wondering around for about a month on a partially dislocated knee without realising it........ he did suggest I tried resting it ... then thought about it and just told me to carry on.......
Ow... hopefully the strap thingy around your knee helps to settle your ligaments! Get better soon *hugs*
ReplyDelete