Some weeks I am a really bad blogger - okay, so yes, some days are really boring and nothing happens... but a whole week...
So, casting my mind back.... Monday and Tuesday were boring......... it got more interesting on Wednesday when I had my weekly "talk about myself" session with my counsellor.... the week before we'd been talking about my apathy towards doing tasks of homework he'd assigned - and what would encourage me to do it........ I managed to make him blush by my response of "it's not like you are going to spank me if I don't do it.".... roll on a week and I find myself in a weird conversation about consent and acceptable behaviour in adult relationships........ I didn't get any home work... but I think he was off to research some of the things we'd been talking about!
Wednesday night, there was a full moon..... and my inner lunar phasing were-red panda (yeah, no, don't ask) was spectacularly affected by it and sleep disappeared right off the agenda. Thursday night wasn't much better - not helped by the fact that Hugo turned feral in the middle of the night and attacked me as I was wandering towards the bathroom ..... it's a good job my clothes always cover my upper arms as I have four very long straight scratch lines down the inside of my left arm - which look just like I've been self harming with a razor....... There's also a good scattering of claw marks across my chest as well......... the mantra of "I love my cat, no really, I do love my cat" was repeated several times.....
The end of the week was boring in comparison. Yesterday I had a "day off" where I did nothing but read and relax which was desperately needed. Today has been back to more typical things...... including a visit to mum's with my lap top to sort out some books she wanted for her Kindle....
Now I use Chrome and have a habit of opening several windows at once and flipping about.... I'd finished with what I was doing for mum and shut down the Amazon tab and headed upstairs for something. As I got to the top of the top of the stairs a voice came from the kitchen...
Mum - "What does NSFW mean?"
Me - "not safe for.... mum, don't..... "
I couldn't get back downstairs fast enough............
Yeah, my Goodreads groups... NSFW pictures... my 75 year old mother .... *sigh*
That took some explaining........ particularly the ones from the BDSM group she found...... oh no, not what I was doing with them.... but what they were doing in the pictures..........
really there are some things that no matter how old you and your parents are you never, ever want to have to explain to them...........
Tonight I have been out for a family meal.......... at which she decided to tell my sister and her partner about what I have on my computer..........
I am very thankful tomorrow is a public holiday here - I need it to recover from today!
Oh my. I hope you have a very, very quiet holiday!. Well deserved, I'd say.
ReplyDelete