Today started as usual..... though my morning routine has a new element to it...... It has been decreed that there will be at least 5 minutes of cat worshipping time...... no matter how rushed of my feet I am trying to get organised.... Basically I come out the shower, drape myself in towels and Gina promptly runs up them to demand attention....... I currently have an impressive array of scratches on my right thigh, stomach and right shoulder ..... I have now given up arguing with her and will just give her the attention.
Tonight there was, erm, a small amount of chaos at home..... My kitchen cupboards, save for the one where I keep mugs, glasses and tea making paraphernalia, are all under the work top cupboards......which is fine..... until I have "help" in getting something out from them.... As I was reaching in to find some chilli flakes a small helpful critter (who was possibly called Gretchen) was nosing around in the bottom of the cupboard, where I keep the cake making ingredients...... she found the caster sugar...... and pulled it out, spilling it liberally over the floor..... I got to the sugar with the mop about 8 seconds after it fell..... but alas this was too late and the three evil ones had managed to lap up most of it....... the sugar high hit them about 30 minutes later after which they barked at everything and nothing, ran around like loons, beat each other up (in a playful way) and generally made a nuisance of themselves....... They were starting to crash by the time I put them to bed thankfully..... I wonder if they get post sugar high headaches, cos if so I am going to have three very grumpy critters come morning.
Anyway, I finally finished the book I was reading - it's a Dreamspinner published book and the formatting is terrible.... there are no spaces after any of the full stops and on nearly every page there are words which run into each other making it bloody difficult to read..... Oh and there are areas which could have done with much tighter editing......... I actually feel sorry for the author that his book as been put out like this.....
And now it is bed time...... oh no.... now it is time for more cat worship apparently.......
Hey, now, I work in IT. But I think our group is a little more together than your IT folks. :D
ReplyDeleteOh. My. about the sugar incident. O.O
Our actual tech bods are fine it's the password re-setters and general support that aren't so good - mind you much of it is because they are tied up with institutional red tape!
DeleteYes..... they were still bouncing at 1 am when I had to go down and see to them.... I was not impressed!