Sunday, 3 February 2013

Going cold turkey on the shower gel.....

Is there anything quite so nice as getting into a freshly made bed, with nice laundered and ironed (thanks mum!) bedding having had a nice long hot shower?

Nope, I don't think so..... which is how I am about to go round off my weekend very shortly as for once after stripping the bed I actually put on the new bedding rather than leaving it till I was stupidly tired and the cats were far too awake to make life easy!  I even got the new bedding on without either crippling myself or ending up in the king size duvet cover....  I should add, that thankfully my fingers are now out of their strapping and not really that painful (unless they get knocked.... thank you Gretchen!....) they are still a lovely shade of lavender.....

Anyway, there is now a down side to my showering plans .... in fact to all future showers......for alas my shower gel addiction has hit a snag..... due to the problems with my leg I have been left with stupidly sensitive skin and one of the things I've been advised (read told!) is that from henceforth I will not use highly scented soaps and shower gels.... I should only be using (preferably unscented) moisturising shower gel or natural soaps!!  This does not bode well for someone whose idea of stress relief is to go spend a long time sniffing shower gels, buying them and then glorying in long showers with lots of bubbles........ moisturising shower gels are, for the most part, really really boring........

Another huge down side is that shower gel purchasing and use makes me happy.  It also stops me going out and impulse buying things that aren't good for me (or things that cost far more money than I should be spending), particularly when I am either pissed off or depressed.......

I also have to decide what to do with the, erm, *counts* 12 bottles of unopened shower gel that are waiting in line at the end of the bath.......stupid as it sounds, I can't throw them away.... and I don't think I could give them away either...... maybe if I used them in very small quantities...... perhaps with a plastic bag over my leg........ Usually I have to just go cold turkey when giving up things (like caffeine, and bread.... and all other yeasty products...) but I really don't think I can do it this time......

Oh sod it, I am going for my shower, and using the rich chocolate shower gel for at least one last time....

3 comments:

  1. :( Really no one you can gift them to?

    I haven't been able to use scented anything for the last 15+ years, so I'm pretty ok with it by now. But it wasn't ever a treasured indulgence, either. I hope you can find something as relatively harmless to replace it with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dropped off six bottles this evening at one of our local homeless shelters - they always need toiletries

      Delete