Monday, 4 February 2013

Lost in the ether....

I no longer exist!!

This morning I arrived at work nice and early (well the roads were quiet) and traipsed up to my desk, fell into my seat and switched on the computer..... and then tried to log in......... "user and or password not recognised".... Eh..... so I check my log in id and re-type my password (which is stupidly long but not that complicated - my former dogs pedigree names combined with birth dates are very useful sometimes) ... and nothing... so I log a call to IT..... eventually, apparently no one answers the phone till 9 am in IT... never mind that I start at 8.30 am.... only to be told they have a major server/network issue and some users are finding it difficult to log on .... no really?  Oh IT bods, you do surprise me with your intellect sometimes!

Roll forward an hour..... by which time I am bored out my tiny mind having had to resort to filing *shudder*..... and I phone the IT team back....... oh yes, we are fixing the problem, they tell me, only you don't exist....... eep!!

Was I fired and no one told me? Or more seriously, am I lost in the ether, condemned to roam around the broken and frayed ends of decaying networks, amid the scraps of data and lost bits of virtual memory for ever more??....... Thanks to the power of my smart phone I was able to connect with the usual subjects, who were willing to send out a virtual search party to find me........ I am not sure why they automatically thought the best place to look would be the gutter though?? Though something about me being a collector of dinted halos, mistress of the hell hounds, hunter of pocket demons and collector of smut had something to do with it...... I don't know where people get these ideas about me from!

Alas, as far as work goes, I tried to persuade the powers that be that I should have the say off..... but instead was handed a Dictaphone machine and told to get on with my work........ 

Hopefully by tomorrow normal service will have resumed and I will in fact exist once more!

1 comment: