Well today didn't get off to a good start when at 4 am the dog over the road started to bark hysterically... which of course meant that the mob decreed there must be at least a hoard of Viking raiders attacking the street and joined in with the attempts to see them off. After pacification with stern words and biscuits I retired to the sofa with them till it was time to get up properly.....
By 6 am I had given up sleeping and was faffing about chopping veg to go into my pasta salad when I accidentally mistook the end of my finger for the red pepper I was cutting and, erm, sliced a chunk off the end of my finger...... luckily my kitchen knives are very sharp (erm, no this is a good thing really) and it was a clean fast cut, which didn't hurt till after I realised that my salad was no longer vegetarian!....after applying pressure with a wad of tissue and hopping around the kitchen whilst swearing quite creatively I realised it wasn't going to stop bleeding ..... I located plasters in the third first aid box I came to (what can I say, I know myself well enough to have first aid kits liberally spread around the house and car) after which I spent a creative 10 minutes applying plasters and micro-pore tape.... yep it looks stupid, but it's padded and there is no sign of it bleeding through the plaster....
Work wasn't sympathetic to my plight........ after said finger tried to join in with the typing of it's own accord there was further minor expletives ... followed by my team leader saying that I should try not to bleed into the keyboard!
I wanted to take the plaster off earlier to check how it was doing (and not to poke at it at all, honest) but the feeling passed when work insisted I go home early as we'd had rather a heavy snow fall and it was very icy underfoot (work bless em are a bit paranoid about me falling and hurting my leg.... though I think it's more to do with the fact that it might mean I couldn't come into work than about me actually being injured!)
This evening I was actually meant to be having a bit of a social life and going out for tea (or dinner/supper call it what you will) but alas I couldn't get the car back out the drive.... instead I have listened to my new CD's which arrived today (and copied them to my MP3 player - after a minor disagreement with the computer!) and then helped my friend whelp a litter of puppies over the phone ... all pups safely arrived and doing well.
And now I shall go cat wrangle in an attempt to be allowed access to some of my own duvet!
OUCH! Hopefully your finger's doing ok... Were you able to get the car out to go to work today?
ReplyDeleteFinger is doing better .... still wrapped up though
DeleteAnd yes, the snow turned to rain over night and it's been a tropical +8 degrees here today :)
Toasty warm! :) Here it's a tropical -0.6C... supposed to be -18C by tomorrow night.
Delete