Sunday, 17 February 2013

Goodness.... almost a social life!

Sunday night has rolled round again...... and for once I've actually had a weekend involving being social!

Friday night admittedly was a bit of a wash out as 15 minutes before I was due to leave work the fire alarms sounded and we all got evacuated... only I wasn't on the 1st floor where I usually live, but on the 5th...... which meant having to walk down 10 flights of stairs.... because it wasn't a drill (the coffee shop had set something alight!) I couldn't stay in the muster point on the stair well, which I would usually do in a drill if I wasn't on my own floor, instead I had to evacuate...... 10 flights of stairs, standing outside in the freezing cold for 20 minutes then getting back upstairs (thankfully only 2 flights) and coming down again so I could go home for the weekend resulted in my arthritis kicking me in the backside...... resulting in a joyous pain reaction when I unceremoniously threw up in the corner of the car park as I got to my car.... suffice to say Friday night was a bit of a wash out involving rather heavy pain killers and lying flat.

Thankfully the weather has improved and it's been bright and more importantly dry for a few days so by Saturday morning though a bit stiff I didn't feel too bad.  I did the supermarket run first thing - with mother, which is always fun.  I decided the home deliveries whilst easy were costing me too much and resulting in me buying things I didn't eat so ended up throwing out.

Shopping safely away and I got to head out into Derbyshire to have lunch and spend the afternoon with a friend, who was also in need of getting out the house for the day.  It's amazing how long lunch can last when you start talking .... thankfully the cafe we went to weren't bothered by us taking up a table for so long.  The cafe is attached to a bookshop, so we had to have a short browse before leaving.... and I seem to have accidentally purchased real books..... 3 of them are reference books and only 1 a novel so I count this as reasonable on the grounds that the majority are for research.  After lunch we went off to play in the local craft shops where she got carried away looking at pretty fabrics for patchwork and I stroked yarn, but refrained from buying anything.

Today I went for Sunday lunch with the family at my sisters...... which involved much merriment and discovering that if you unexpectedly poke Mavis the cat when she's sleeping she makes the cutest noise ever... poor cat got a bit pissed off with us by the 5th time....

I also received late Christmas presents this weekend.... some of my favourite salted caramel chocolates and some fancy cup cake cases from my friend yesterday (and had to apologise profusely because I am disorganised and haven't bought her present yet).  Then today my sister, who last weekend took her partner to meet my dad for the first time, handed me a mug that dad's other half had bought for me, well had made, which appears black, but when you put a hot drink in it pictures show up.... mine has pictures of the evil naked cats on it (mum and sister got mugs with their cats on).... I shall take it to work tomorrow to frighten everyone with the ugly cats.

I suppose I should go get organised for tomorrow....... though I have made my lunch already.... after last week I decided to avoid the sharp knives at dawn fiasco I would be organised this week and make my lunch whilst I was awake!

2 comments:

  1. Glad it dried out a bit so the arthritis isn't as bad!

    That mug sounds fun! I'm curious to hear how it was received at work today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it didn't end up in pieces on the floor - but it was novelty item of the day .... we are easily pleased sometimes!

      Delete