This weekend I have been busy, well kind of....
Friday night, as usual, was a crash on the sofa and unwind evening... in which I had intended to knit but my fingers were stupidly cold so I elected to hide under the blankets and read.
Yesterday was supposed to start with a trip to the supermarket (fail!) and then housework (partial fail!) as I just couldn't find any motivation.... So I cleaned the bathroom, downstairs loo and kitchen ... and then made almond shortbread biscuits... before going off to meet up with the family for lunch.
Now I hate being late, really really hate it, it's the one thing that is almost guaranteed to wind me up to the state of tears or trantrums...... We were meant to be meeting up at 1pm, so I set off from mine at 12.20 pm... which should have been plenty of time...... only I got stuck behind some stupid person who refused to go above 30 mph, despite the speed limit being 50 and 60 mph. Now this is out in the wilds of the White Peak (part of Derbyshire) and unfortunately the roads are too twisty for overtaking....(there might have been some rude words uttered about the other driver).... by the time it got to the point where the car in front finally turned off it was almost 1pm and I still had another 8 or so miles to go....
I eventually got there about 10 minutes late.... by which time my sister had texted me to say where was I? .... Only by there I mean that I'd made it as far as the car park.... which was full... I sat a fumed for a while till a space came free and then went to meet everyone.... by which time I was somewhat frazzled.
A nice lunch helped me calm back down.......my mother was on fine form with the inappropriate comments and lunch conversations.... luckily we are used to her... We looked at the bookshop on the way out after lunch, and I must have looked quite needy as my sister pulled the book I'd been looking at back off the shelf and bought it for me :)
Today I have been to the yarn shop (which is a dangerous thing and should only be done at this end of the month, just before pay day, so that I can't go too mad)... I actually only bought one ball of shaded grey yarn, some pipe cleaners and some toy stuffing...... so I can continue with the current mystery project (which now had it's head, body and one leg (i've not knitted the other one yet) stuffed, oh and it's ears sewn on)
After stroking yarn I was mean to go round to a friend's for lunch, but when I got there she said she didn't feel like cooking so we ended up going out....... and had a lovely meal although the service was a bit slow....... in fact at one point, whilst waiting for the apple and blackberry crumble we'd ordered for pudding to finally arrive we decided that in fact the chef had had to go and herd the blackberries from the field where they were running wild (being free range blackberries of course)... we then decided that herding blackberries could only be done by cats (dog's being too over enthusiastic and prone to squishing the blackberries) and that the chef had to be in formal kitchen whites..... I am not sure what the table next to us was thinking as we moved on after that to wondering things like... exactly how do they milk almonds (I mean, have you ever seen teats on an almond) and rice for non dairy milk.... after I suggested that child labour in China produced the rice milk because children have small enough hands to attach each grain of rice to the milking machine that it all got a bit silly......okay, well sillier....
I blame this on the fact that not being allowed caffeine I had chosen to drink "Sparkleberry" juice..... which was dark red and swirled with gold glitter (it tasted of cherries) .... sadly it did not make me sparkle when I drank it, which was very disappointing.......
All this frivolity and yet I still managed to remember to pick up some cat food on the way home so that I wasn't gnawed on by starving critters in the night........ didn't make the supermarket though which might be an issue when it comes to making my lunch tomorrow....... oh well.....
No comments:
Post a Comment