Tuesday, 26 February 2013

I love my critters.... but....

Sometimes, I really don't want to have to get up at just after midnight to let the dogs out, or to have to get up at 5.30 am every morning.... I'd love to actually see if I could work out what this mysterious thing that other people call a "lie in" actually is....

I'd like to be able to get my clothes dry without the cats knocking things off the clothes airer, or pulling them off the hangers

I'd like not to feel like the mop is surgically attached to my hand, to be able to vacuum the lounge without having to empty the hoover at least five times. I'd like for some of my clothes not to actually have a dog hair on them...

I'd like to be able to leave things on the kitchen table, or on the coffee table, and not having to worry that as soon as my back was turned it would be swiped or destroyed

I'd like my books to stay on the shelves, not to have to guard my legs from the cat's claws


Then again

There is nothing like the sound of contented purring from the cat sitting on my lap, or shoulder, or curled up in the middle of my back when I lie in bed to read

There is nothing like the expression on the dogs faces when I come home from work, or when I go down to them first thing in the morning.  They will never not be pleased to see me.



I'd never part with them despite the negatives......... they are after all, when the really bad days happen, the reason I get up in a morning and carry on.

2 comments:

  1. Your pets are so cute :) I'm a Gretchen and Hugo fangirl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, yeah, there are times when I'm cleaning out the litterbox, wondering WHY?! And then May will curl up and purr on my lap, or Chaos will be purr snoring next to me on the couch...

    ReplyDelete