1. I did it, I was examinated, it is over and done with... results mid-December... bugger all I can do about them so I am refusing to worry. When I got home, did I celebrate my freedom from academia after 3 long hard years? Did I have a drink or three to get over the exam stress? Did I go paint the town red (well pale pink, I'm old and not that energetic)? Nope, none of the above, I took lots of cold cures and went to bed early.... I really am an old woman at times!
2. Saturday started ridiculously early with the realisation that in fact I couldn't breathe .... no nothing drastic.... I have a heavy cold, so of course Gina is trying to aid my recovery (not) by lying in the crook of my neck, with her head resting heavily over my windpipe....The rest of the day was rather boring... I did some serious comfort reading .... and confirmed to myself that, why yes, I do in fact have a crush on a fictional character!.... not so unusual? well perhaps, only in this case object of said crush is male... which for me makes it a bit odd...... ah well, never mind, no one is going to have a problem with me taking him home and looking after him are they?? (though given his Top like tendencies this maybe a mistake on my part)
3. Laundry happened at some point yesterday... cos clean clothes are a helpful thing for the working week.... only problem is.. lack of heating and wet clothes does not a happy mix make... upstairs in my house feels like a slightly damp laundrette. I have the heater on in the book room to get things dry... the cats however think this is just on for them....
4. I don't know about anyone else, but when I have a cold my lips tend to dry out and crack... they did this overnight but I didn't realise until after I'd reached out and drank the lemon squash I had by the bed.... erm... OUCH!! really not to be recommended... I was very awake and cursing in seconds!
5. I have no voice!! The dogs think this is a wonderful thing as unless I can get my hands on something non breakable when they open their gobs that I can throw towards them they've realised I can do nothing to shut them up (usually I shout, well I don't, I just say "Gretchen" in a very loud and stern tone.... which works, well on all bar one dog.... okay, guess which... I tried it earlier and sounded like Kermit on Helium... not good!)
6. I have been beta reading a story today (which I am really enjoying) but appear to be trying to eat my own body weight in satsumas as I do it...
7. I had planned to do some baking as well today, but discovered when I bent down to put the oven on that going dizzy was possibly not a good thing to have happen to you when you are using an electric mixer, hot gas oven etc.... well particularly as this is me we are talking about.
8. I need to get rid of my germs before tomorrow... work is not a fun place at the best of times, though I suppose I can run a quarantine flag up the back of my chair and wheeze at people till they go away and leave me alone...... I shall have to find a friendly minion to answer my phone for me though... what a shame ;)
I love comfort reading. :)
ReplyDeleteBut I hate losing my voice - it's not uncommon for me to do so when I get a cold. My sympathy!!