Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Random rambling......

Well twice in two days I've had to scrape ice off my car before going to work....... winter is obviously here..... I have to admit though I do enjoy cold dry days, particularly when it's sunny and there is just a bit of a wind that slightly stings your face (I could live without the whole not being able to feel the tops of my fingers mind)... There has been some nice dawn dog walks with the mob over the past few days, crunching over the fallen leaves and watching them dash about the park their breath steaming in the cold (except Gretchen, who has to stay on her lead as she sods off at the first opportunity and would leg it across three counties given a chance).... that said, it's lashing it down and blowing a gale this evening so tomorrow's walk may be (a) shorter and (b) wetter....

Yesterday morning I went to see the MacMillan Nurse Specialist to have my lymph nodes prodded... my stupid leg got measured, photographed and drawn on .... with thick black pen which I still can't wash off... because the lymph system got quite badly damaged with the infection that spread from my foot in August I am being fitted for a highly (un)sexy black compression stocking ... okay so it has a really swish silk lining but still....I got to try a wrist support made of the same material and, dear Goddess, it's going to feel like my leg has been severely squished....... Ah well, I am under strict instructions to do as I am told and wear the damn thing, and as I'd like my lymph system to kind of return to normal I guess I'd better behave.... just hope it's not too painful!


The revision continues....... and yes, that about sums it up.........well actually it didn't tonight, I needed a night off after working quite hard all weekend and yesterday afternoon.  Today was not a whole bundle of laughs at work as my team leader's last day is tomorrow and she is trying to tidy up what lose ends she can and what she can't she's dropping onto my desk to deal with....

Right, really need to have an early night....(though part of me wants to stay up and watch the US election unfold..... Even I got to vote today.... okay so it was only my postal vote for the local Police Commissioner elections but still, I get to say I voted *grin* ).... I was up far too late last night reading stories on line and woke this morning with that horrible feeling that I'd missed something and that something was horribly wrong somewhere or with someone......... Feeling seems to have gone now so sleep should happen..... that is if I can calm the cats down.... I'm not sure what is wrong with them this evening..... they are racing round like they're on speed... Hugo has just climbed into a big shopping bag that was lying on the spare room bed and then fallen off the bed whilst still wearing it ... he's currently kind of in/under it racing around the room whilst his mother pounces on it from the highest vantage point she can find....... and, oh yes, there goes the clothes airer....... best go extract him and pick up all my clothes... again......

2 comments:

  1. Glad the election turned out as it did. I never stay up for it - it's just too stressful.

    That compression stocking sounds... unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I've not done an all night election sit up since 1997... which I got through with 2 new books, a vat of coffee and my mum and sister on the other end of the phone doing the same!

      I am trying not to think of the compression stocking!

      Delete