Okay, so revision... once I'd remembered how to revise - no seriously, I looked at my paperwork and the stuff that I'd pulled up on the screen to go through and my entire brain froze in terror and then went blank.....I think I sat there for a good 10 minutes staring at the wall and wondering how to even start before I found a method of going through things..... after that it wasn't so bad.
 |
|
The subject material is dry, like Sahara Desert dry.... but I have read, written out lists, bullet pointed important bits, tried to digest some of the most boring things in the world.... and my head is now a swirly mess of case law and Civil Procedural Rules, with an added dose of essential topics such as contracts, proportionality and procedures......... I have post it notes in various colours marking very important things (and at one stage Gretchen but we won't go into that) I have slashed highlighter pen everywhere... there is a colour code... there might have been having the highlighter pens out slightly too long as I have a headache and can still smell the damn things even though I stopped using them a couple of hours ago.....
I just hope that some of the information I've tried to force in my brain sorts itself into some sort of order and stays where it's meant to be....
I did also discover two things........ firstly when you order your grocery delivery for between 8 and 10 am, knowing you are not going out and knowing there is bugger all in the house food wise.... that will be the day the grocery van breaks down and your shopping doesn't get delivered till 4 pm..... and, secondly, without central heating, or hell any form of heating, sitting still in your kitchen when it's only about 2 degrees outside results in you having to be creative about making it warmer........ it took some ingenuity to decide what I could do to warm up said kitchen, but you know, making the Christmas cake involves baking it for 4 hours.... after which I cooked baked potatoes for my tea.... which took the chill of just enough to keep me from freezing......
So, quite productive a day, but now I am going to comfort read to try and untangle my head... which yes, means reading Falls Chance Ranch for the umpteenth time....
Yikes...
ReplyDeleteI can still remember the time of my professional training 20 years ago. All those laws and procedures - I was a total mess by the time of my final examination.
Somehow I prevailed and was entitled to work as an paralegal and solicitor assistant afterwards - which I skipped to join the army.