Friday, 19 October 2012

The week in numbers....

because right now my brain is not functioning into forming a proper coherent post....

1.  This week I have slept.  A lot.  Now I've never been one of those people who needs 8 hours sleep a night, or in fact someone who gets 8 hours sleep a night (thank you critters)... my night pattern tends to be along the lines of go to bed about 10 pm ish, read till eyes go gritty, get up at about 2 am to let the dogs out (Ivan bless him can't go overnight) go back to bed till 5.30 am then get up and get ready for the day.... so some nights, depending on how long I read, I will actually only sleep from 2 am to 5.30 am... erm, yes, no, 3.5 hours a night is really not enough sleep....... this week I've spent two nights where I wander through to the lounge at about 6.30 pm... and by 7 pm I am asleep on the sofa buried somewhere under the critters, well Gretchen, who drapes herself round my neck like a scarf.  I obviously needed the sleep and as I am still rather more tired than I'd like I think that an afternoon nap may be the way forward tomorrow and possibly Sunday....

2.  My counselling session on Wednesday was a complete snot and tissues fest...... I failed spectacularly to make a list of "positives" in my life and was pretty stressed out anyway (it happens when I have days off work that make up a long weekend... basically, Friday I unwind from work and try to put out my head what I should be doing, Saturday and Sunday I enjoy, Monday I wind myself up panicking about what will be on my desk on Tuesday... and then try to fit 6 days work into 4....).... Counsellor thought the session was worthwhile... I begged to differ.... hopefully we can move on from the current subject next session.  Mind you, she did point out something.... you can't leave grit in a wound and expect it to heal cleanly.... meh, she has a point, but really, I didn't want to hear it then and I am trying to get my head round it now...the grit in my mental wounds is quite ground in and it's proving a bugger to shift.

3.  I have run out of knitting projects........ okay, I am lying here.... I have run out of things that I want to knit.... I have a list of people who I owe socks too and absolutely no inspiration to knit for them.... the last things I've knitted quickly and happily are for people I care a lot about.... I should at least try and get on with them... or finish the shawl I've been knitting for aeons....

4. I've managed to pick up a load of books from Dreamspinner's tweet away this week... which is good... but I want them on my Kindle... so this weekend I am going to try and master the art of transferring stuff from pc to Kindle..... there maybe screaming... for I am the original techno-numpty....

5.  Hugo and I aren't talking....... he split my lip last night when he leapt on the computer desk and smacked straight into my face with the top of his head... he then clawed my foot in the night...... he got kicked out the bedroom and has been sulking ever since.

6.  I have done no revision at all..... and it is now less than a month to the exam.... I have a revision day run by the governing body next Friday in Manchester... then the panic will probably set in..... last time I had to take exams I turned into the complete brat from hell .... this time I have no one to firmly tell me to pack it in.... I think the critters may wish to seek new humans by the time November is half way through....

7.  I am staying in and being a good girl this evening, though there is some research on the cards for this weekend I am trying not to get myself arrested....... that said, I really could do with finding out what a police interview room looks like these days..... it's been a while since I last found myself in one......

8.  Okay, back to my book I think, I have a major fantasy kick at the moment, be it M/M or not, and I feel a re-read of some of my favourites may be in order....

No comments:

Post a Comment