So that's the first week of October over with.... and what a boring and miserable week it has been....Autumn is definitely here and I have an over-riding wish to go into hibernation and come out again in the spring.
I have at least now got my replacement Kindle charger... which is in a safe place where evil hell hounds cannot get it (and where the cats cannot nibble on it either)... I might also have blown the book buying budget for the whole month as well.... The rest of the week mainly involved working - which is boring and tedious. There was a visit to my counsellor on Wednesday, who is pleased with my progress and is moving me to fortnightly appointments... I have homework again though, for next time she wants a list of positive things in my life ...... humm, that could be quite a short list right now ...
Tonight I got home to find two cards from the post man through the door to tell me I had parcels... for some reason though they've taken them to different places to hold onto them till I can collect them..... I am pretty sure I know one is some yarn I bought the other day when I was given a brilliant excuse for visiting the Colinette site .... the other I think maybe a little parcel from Austria which I am very excited about... I shall be going to collect as early as I can tomorrow....
I did have other plans for this weekend ... though they mainly involved heavy duty housework as I was expecting visitors next week.... in fact there was plotting and planning on Wednesday night for the visit.... and then there was a phone call this evening and now there is no visit.... She said she felt guilty for letting me down, but really, it's not her fault, in fact it's really nobody's fault, just sometimes life gets in the way and complicates the hell out of everything - in this case a potential move of residence for my friend and her family which is much needed and if all goes to plan will be fantastic for them.
Now I could potentially have a moment of self pity and wailing as all my plans fall apart.... after all I see this friend twice a year, we've been planning this visit since May, I probably won't see her now till next May as there is a new baby due at the end of March..... but you know what.... the world doesn't revolve around me..... and to be honest, the potential new home sounds so brilliant for them I'd rather just keep my fingers crossed that everything goes well and that rather than being with me next weekend they are busily packing.... not to mention that the saving in terms of the cost of petrol to drive to mine will buy them a new carpet....... I feel that this should be known as my carpet in future ...
I might still do housework... or I may break into the new yarn and curl up on the sofa to watch TV... after all the new series of Merlin starts tomorrow and the slash possibilities are endless...
I can completely sympathize with the desire to hibernate right now...
ReplyDeleteBeing British... let me offer you tea and sympathy, and probably gin, in exchange! Hope things get better and you don't need to hibernate for long!
Delete