Or maybe things were just out to get me!
The day didn't get off to a good start, well being woken at 4.08 am by one of the dogs with their "urgent" bark is never a good sign.... so I was probably half way downstairs before I was actually fully awake, then, without turning the lights on ... which generally I don't at that time as increasing the light levels decreases the chances of me or any of the critters getting more sleep... I got the dogs out their night crates... which was fine till I got to Hopes, which has a sprung latch mechanism .... that I misjudged and trapped my little finger between it and the metal cage front... ouch! There was some bouncing up and down whilst using creative language as I bustled the dogs out into the garden whilst telling them (and possibly me) to keep the volume down..... little finger is a little bruised around the middle joint.....
I made it safely then through the morning to 7.45, when I got into the shower, forgetting that I'd had the bath mat up to clean the bath before bed the night before and hadn't checked that it had latched onto the now squeaky clean bath, queue my right leg twisting about as I was standing on it and trying to get the left leg over the edge of the bath without Hugo attacking my foot........ slightly jarred and bruised right knee where it hit the tap.....
I should be grateful I got to work safely by this point......
Anyway, as the day progressed it appeared that the stationary was in fact out to get me....... and my hands are, erm, decorated with plasters.... I have one on the fleshy bit at the bottom of the thumb on my left hand where a metal binder from a document bundle decided to slice into me whilst I was undoing it so I could get a document out to photocopy it....another is on the outside of my right hand where I managed to stab myself with the sharp pointy blade of the scissors I was using to get into the boxes containing the next file I was working one... and finally... and most painfully..... I have a tiny little paper cut on the tip of my right ring finger.... which hurts more than the rest put together and bled all over the desk........
My evening meal tonight was a vegetable bake, which involves lots of finely sliced vegetables in layers..... I elected to use the food processor to slice the veg... I thought using a knife might be tempting fate..... and having reclined on the sofa with my cup of calming herbal team I had hoped for a quite peaceful injury free end to the evening...... yeah, cos that didn't happen as Ivan managed to open the babygate into the hall whilst Hugo was still in there and as I scooted my chair backwards to leap after him and rescue, well one of them, I managed to send the cup flying from the table to the floor, where it shattered sending still rather too warm to be wearing it tea up my right leg.... and as I tried to herd the dogs out the way of the broken mug I managed to stand on one of the pieces......
I think that I shall declare today officially over and go hide in my nice soft comfy bed with my paperback copy of Tigerland which arrived this afternoon........ I should be safe from further injury...... well unless I move my feet in a way Gina and Hugo don't approve of that is.....
Considering how clumsy I am, I think you make me look graceful! ;)
ReplyDeleteLOL ... definitely!
Delete