Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Things to do this week..........

Rumour has it that I am highly organised…… I am not actually sure where this rumour started but it’s been following me around for years – well, since my university friends nicknamed me “Filo” (as in Filo-fax) …. Truth is though, really I am not that organised, I also have a tendency to be rather, well not lazy, but willing to put off things until they become urgent.

So I am trying (at the suggestion of the evilness that is my counsellor) to try setting myself weekly and monthly goals ….. and, erm, as I should have started this at the beginning of the month and the start of the week, yep, already late – and of course this has nothing to do with the fact I need to show my counsellor evidence tomorrow (see that word “suggestion”, never trust the counsellor when they say that – they may as well just make it a command in the first place…)

So anyway, my goals for this week……..

Finish the current knitting project – which was mean to be done by the end of April but got put to one side whilst I tried to finish my Love’s Landscapes story.   Decide on this month’s project (either charity hats or a baby blanket – I whittled it down to two already) and cast on.

If my Love’s Landscapes edits come back, review them and amend then re-submit.  If they don’t, then finish outlining the plot for the potential submission for the LT3 call.

Chase up the plumber for a quote for the new central heating and get them to fit the new cooker (which has been sitting in the corner of the kitchen for the last 6 weeks or so – again with the ‘it wasn’t urgent so didn’t get done’ thing…)

Arrange to get the beech hedge at the front of the house cut back before it takes over and turns the house into it’s own city version of sleeping beauty’s castle.

Read my PIFM book and one book from the fantasy group’s shifter challenge.  Be finished with these by Friday night ready for bingo.


Simple goals… but they should be achievable…. hopefully… 

Of course there is a chance I shall just ignore this and sit and read and play on the computer rather than doing the things I ought to be doing…….


No comments:

Post a Comment