Today has been the day from hell...... seriously the Goddess of scheduling things really screwed up on me this time!
I knew it was coming, which didn't help, and meant I got just about zero sleep last night....
It started with an interview for a job upgrade.... we are having a shuffle round at work and they are expanding the department and looking for new team leaders. In a moment of, erm, optimism, stupidity, take your pick, I thought I might apply.... okay, yes, I can do the job, but am not 100% convinced I am ready for the responsibility... but yeah, I went for it anyway. Things didn't start to well when I went to put on my favourite black jacket......... and my thought immediately went to "last time I wore this was Dad's funeral" .... yeah, so I need a new jacket.... I went with a long black cardigan instead.
The interview itself was only about half an hour in which I talked extremely fast but, hopefully, answered all their questions......... they won't announce the posts till a week on Friday.....
Then, I tried to go back and do some work..... but at lunch time, well just after, I had my annual appraisal for my current role.... now you'd think, having been through the process five times since I started here and knowing really it's not a problem at all that I would be fine with this. Alas no. Years of working in some not very wonderful firms where their idea of an appraisal was to get you in a room, point out all your faults and tell you how useless you were and how lucky you were to be still employed by them, kind of hangs over me like a black cloud anytime the word appraisal is mentioned. Suffice to say.... after whittling myself stupid.... it was fine... I am a good and valued employee and all is good.....
So yes, I got through that bit, then just before I left, I was told I may need to go to Bristol for work......... the day before I am due to go to Bristol for the UK meet....... now for most this wouldn't be too much of a problem..... but my dog sitter is booked to arrive on the day work now want me to go down.... and can't come earlier cos it's her birthday....... driving there and back on the Thursday and driving down there again on the Friday will mean my back and leg will probably protest and I'll end up spending much of the weekend in either a lot of pain or having to lie down..... which is so not the plan...... suffice to say, I got a little upset just before I left for the evening...
And then I had an appointment with my counsellor..... always a fun thing... not! Well it turned into a complete tears and tissues session.... after which I felt completely washed out and ready for nothing but curling up on the sofa and ignoring the world......... only on a Wednesday I am due at mother's for tea...... luckily she talks a lot of sense and although I left early as I am really seriously not good company at least I am in a slightly better frame of mind.... kind of... I feel exhausted and am now killing time till I can go to bed and put today behind me completely!
No comments:
Post a Comment