I'd promised myself I would get someone to sort it out - as much as I love having a garden and pottering about in it having arthritis and lymphodema means that it's impossible to really do anything myself .... well that and the whole me and power tools thing.......
So, before today the garden looked a little like this......

---> this alleges to have been a lawn... yeah... though I think it's more a dandelion breeding colony...
Above is the over grown hedge and shrubs together with the branches of a chopped down tress
And to the right is the beech hedge at the front of the house... which I think was attempting a take over of the entire place.... the shrub in the middle of the lawn is also trying to get in on the act....
Anyway..... after two visits from my very nice friendly gardener (who didn't laugh at the state of the garden) it looks like this....
Yep - this is the same beech hedge... trimmed into submission,.... and a lawn.... and the same shrub but now rather cut back....
I've a front garden now that doesn't suggest some mad witch women lives here!
and on to the back....


On the left is the lilac tree and hydrangea at the side of the house, and you can actually see the shed now.... before it was covered in some mad growing shrub
on the right is the holly bush and lawn! in the back garden to the right hand side... you couldn't really see any of that for the brambles before
and finally, below is the footpath that I'd actually forgotten as there at all as it was completely covered in weeds and grass....
The gardeners will be back next week to have another hour or so getting more done, mainly seeing what is what once it's settled and trimming the lawn off again..... and spraying lots of weed killer to get rid of my dandelions! Then they move to fortnightly visits to keep on top of it and make it a garden I can go and sit out in without disappearing under the shrubbery!




No comments:
Post a Comment