My story for the event, A Point of Honour, came in a just around 28,000 words, done by the deadline, and has now made it through editing and QA... it's in the queue for the start of posting on Sunday... I am guessing it will be out towards the end of June. As it's historical I know it won't have the general appeal of last year's contemporary piece, though I am much happier with the story this time round.
So, it should all just be a question of waiting for publication date......... only...... another historical prompt was orphaned an although it's not my period of preference Rupert, insistent bunny that he is, wiffled his nose and said "we could probably do this...." Then, some other people on line said... "go on, do it" and sent me all sorts of pictures for inspiration....... and before I knew it..... I suddenly had another prompt.....
I've a deadline of 15th June for the characters and title (characters are already named thanks to my wonderfully supportive cheerleaders who have refrained from telling me I am nuts) and the story itself is due by 15th July. So six weeks to write it....... I don't think it will be anything like as long as the first story and I need to do a shed load of research this weekend before I can start.... but this is the picture and prompt
Dear Author,
I would love to read a story set in a historical, or at least close to historical, setting in 18th century France, full of court intrigue, backstabbing and duels. I'd like them to be fashion-conscious for the times, but not too effeminate in personality.
Enemies to lovers?
Maybe one of them is an artisan baker, or party planner for the court?
Or an assassin sent to the court from another country?
Please no:
Military/Navy/Soldiers
No BDSM
Crossdressing as part of sex
Over the top angst
Please include:
HEA or HFN
explicit sexual content
Historically appropriate attitudes to sex
Thanks, <3
Sincerely,
I am wobbling a little bit about this - not least because the prompt for this one is the writing partner of the prompter for the other prompt and they are proper published writers and I am, well, a scribbler of words who occasionally strings them together in something roughly resembling a story.....
keep your fingers crossed for me!!

No comments:
Post a Comment