Over a week after the interviews, I found out today that I didn't get the job upgrade....
Now, I had lots of wonderful people encouraging me, thinking positive thoughts for me and even other candidates convinced that I would get it.... I didn't.... and you what....... that's fine.
I am not upset, or disappointed, in fact, if I think about it I am rather relieved....... it's not that I couldn't do the job, or didn't want it (I wouldn't have applied if that was the case), I am just not sure that now would have been the right time for me.
In effect, I was rejected, but really, it doesn't feel like a rejection at all. Sure I've had job interviews where I didn't get the job before, though to be honest only 2 of those... one I minded bitterly about the other I couldn't have cared less. This just feels, I don't know, kind of right.
I got more worked up about my last round of edits to be honest...... which probably goes to show I am more personally involved with my writing than I am with my job...... I don't think that's a bad thing, after all the writing comes from within, the job as much as I enjoy it, is something I do to pay the bills and keep me off the streets.
I think for now I shall just enjoy the working day and come home and enjoy being more creative, whether that is writing or knitting (okay, or baking that sometimes gets creative, particularly when you've forgotten half the ingredients you need)......
No comments:
Post a Comment