Saturday, 25 January 2014

Don't faint......


But I finished off one of the knitting projects!!

Now, okay, I am not the fastest knitter in the world, but I really have no excuses for the fact that this particular pair of socks have taken me about 18 months to knit....... yep they are the pair I was knitting at the UK Meet back in July....

For some reason I just couldn't find my mojo for finishing these - although I've knitted other small projects in between.

One of my not a new year's resolutions was to try and knit something (completely) each month or to finish off a WIP that had been languishing at the bottom of the project bag.

Caught up in the momentum of finishing something I cast on another sock last night - and would you know it, I cracked on and am nearly at the heal flap already... which says to me it was something about these particular socks.

So, after the next pair I have to decide on whether to knit the scarf I promised someone for Christmas, to crack on with more socks I have homes for or to finish either the shawl I started about 2 years ago or finally do the wings and stuff the gargoyle I was making for my sister - yes seriously, that is all that needs doing to finish it... I just haven't got round to it yet.......

But for now... Yay!  Go Me! A finished item!!

No comments:

Post a Comment