This took place at roughly 2am this morning......
I am happily asleep all warm and toasty when I wake with that slightly creepy feeling of being watched... (even more creepy if you live alone) ... as I came round I realised there was quite a lot of pressure on my hip so rolled slightly and the pressure rolled with me. Reaching for my glasses and switching on the light I found both cats now sitting on my stomach with their heads nodding from the ceiling to my face with expressions that I could only say looked both expectant and hopeful... the conversation went something like this... the translation from cat to human is a an important skill for any cat who owns a human.......
Gina - look it, human, spider
Hugo - yumm
Me - settle down and go back to sleep, you can't reach it *tries snuggling back down under duvet*
Gina - *glares* want it, get it for me
Me - No, sleep
Gina - *pats cheek with paw* please human
Hugo - *moving towards headboard* I'll get it
Me - no, you can't balance on there, and watch the face, ouch
Hugo - me getting it, me getting it ........... oops
Me - ouch, thank you, that's my ear
Spider - *smirks*
Gina - *chirrups and chatters lower jaw* 's moving, get it, get it, don't let it run away
Me - no
Hugo - *moving to bedside table* me get it
Me - Hugo, that's the picture hook your trying to attack half way up a wall
Spider - *rubs legs together and snickers*
Gina - *plaintive yowl* but, I need it....
Me - you can't reach, can we go back to sleep now?
Hugo - but I can get it..... crash
Me - no, that's still the picture hook
Gina - *applies claws* now human, get it!
Me - *throws back duvet, covering Gina, switches off light and stalks off to sleep in the spare room*
LOL :)
ReplyDelete