Sunday, 19 January 2014

Cat Wrangling.........

Poor Mavis the Samosa cat isn't a happy cat.......... she has a flea allergy and a food allergy.... and unfortunately both have flared up.... not that she has fleas but she's one of those cats who likes to visit the local homes of everyone else that owns a cat on the off chance she can steal food.... this time she obviously picked up a flea and ate the wrong food....... clearly she should stop visiting other houses, but I doubt she will.

Anyway, the upshot of this was on Wednesday night I had a call from my sister asking how did she give a tablet to a cat......... I was slightly perplexed... I mean, you just open their mouths and chuck the tablet to the back, hopefully then they swallow it, but you might have to wait, holding their mouth shut, till they do....... well apparently they'd tried this and both my sister and her partner were now sporting some impressive battle scars, the tablet was covered in fluff from being spat out on the floor several times and the cat was back upstairs under the bed swearing at everyone......

I might have laughed at her a bit at that

On Thursday I went to demonstrate........ and watched them do battle to capture and hold her, before trying to get in the tablet using a pill popper....... they managed in the end, so yay!  they obviously didn't need my help........ only I then asked what they were doing about her tablets this weekend cos they were away and mum was popping in to feed the cat...........

So we struck a bargain........ as she is a bad and evil cat, and giving tablets to her is a dangerous thing....... If I came and did it for them my sister would pay me....... or rather... she'd buy me a new top I've had my eye on.......

So, Friday night, I went to meet mum after work at my sister's..... mum picked up Mavis, and I dropped in the tablet, by hand, in a matter of seconds, no fuss....... the procedure has been repeated three more times since then....... though without mum holding her ..... she swiped at me once but missed and then just looked extremely pissed off......... but that might have been because I locked her cat flap and she ran into it at speed trying to escape me and bounced off it head first......

My sister and her partner are back from their weekend away in the Yorkshire Dales this evening and are optimistically stating that Mavis will obviously be so pleased to see them and so used to taking the tablets that she'll be no problem.......... I give it till about 8pm before I get a phone call asking me to go give the cat drugs.......I wonder if I can get a second top out of it.......

No comments:

Post a Comment