Sunday, 5 January 2014

It's all terribly alarming........

This weekend has been one in which involved technology......... you have been warned...

I finally found out which safe place I'd put the spare energy efficient light bulbs in on Friday evening and managed to change the bulb on the landing.... which is good as I was getting a bit fed up of stubbing my toes on things as I ventured across it from bedroom to bathroom in the dark...... unfortunately, as I went to put the new bulb in I didn't realise that the light had been switched on and managed to trip the fuses and set all the alarms off......

Saturday morning and I decided it was time to finally get my finger out and buy myself a new telephone handset... it's been just over 3 weeks since I've used the old one as there was no dial tone and when I checked with my service provider I was told that they couldn't find a fault on the line and it was probably my handset....   I managed to purchase a nice two handset model - so I have one in the lounge with an answer machine and a spare in the kitchen..... I paid at the check out, walked to the main exit...... and set off all the security alarms in the shop.  You know that feeling when you wish the floor would open up and swallow you because everyone is looking at you ... yep... that one.... and bear in mind this is 11 am on a Saturday morning in an electrical appliance shop on the first weekend of the January sales........  I was waved out by the security guard after he'd checked the receipt against the purchase and made a swift retreat to my car...

Next stop was the haunted petshop.... where I stocked up on enough critter food for the week.... again I got to the doors and set of the security alarms........ now the beauty of the haunted pet shop is that despite the fact it's a huge warehouse type thing... there is never any one in it... or at most there are about 3 other people... so it was just the shop assistants who stared at me and then searched my bags.... Turns out the handbag my sister bought me for my Christmas present and which I'd only started using New Years Day, still had the security tag on............ when I got home I took the sharpest pair of scissors I could find to it to remove it!

Last night I went to mum's for tea and to watch The Hobbit DVD I'd bought her for Christmas... whilst I was there she asked me if I would change the times for her heating and hot water on the new controller the electrician had put on her boiler.... brave of her I know.... anyway, I did this but obviously not properly as I got a phone call from her today asking me to go back and sort it out as it hadn't changed at all last night.... so off I went.. .and I swear I only walked into the front door, across the lounge and into the kitchen... and the smoke alarm at the bottom of her stairs set off screaming........ We couldn't work out why, so hit the reset button.......

I am sitting quietly at home for the rest of the weekend hoping not to do anything else alarming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment