![]() |
| Blooming lilac tree |
The weather here is unusually glorious... I shouldn't be this surprised, it's June after all, but let's face it the last
few years summer here has been a non event. We've had blue sky and sunshine pretty much the whole week...... in fact, I am sitting at my kitchen table at the moment, and reflected in the screen over my shoulder I can see the rowan tree at the end of the garden, which has lovely white blossoms, against an almost turquoise sky. Just over the top of my now thigh high grass I can see the first of my roses is now out. Oh and my lilac is flowering (my lilac is white, because I have to be different like that).
![]() |
| Close up of the lilac blooms |
There are a couple of downsides to the lovely warm weather, and very long days.... firstly, the birds get up very early... like seriously, singing their little hearts out at 4.30 am..... which means this is now the time I am getting up in a morning....... The other downside is that the cats are spending a lot of time sunbathing... and I am sure obtaining energy from sunlight... in the winter they hide in the duvet and moan it's too cold, in this weather they lie in patches of sunshine and have regular intervals of rushing around like lunatics.... Because I've had the downstairs windows open I have had the odd fly and moth getting upstairs....... which means come bedtime, when my bedroom light is the only one, the evening game of hunt the insect starts...... and can go on for ages!
For reasons connected to Sunday's post, I've been using my phone to e-mail a lot this week.. including today.. and the battery is nearly flat..... which is not good because I've just managed to melt my phone charger ... it was a little too close to the gas cooker when I switched on the biggest ring to boil water for pasta... oops.......... I wonder how long it will take to get a new one....


No comments:
Post a Comment