Monday, 17 June 2013

Random mumbling for a muggy Monday evening...

 Well, that weekend went quickly...

For once there were plans, but like always when there are such things they are not straight forward.

No coffee - rather a lot of chocolate!
A friend and I have been trying to meet up for ages. Now this is where it gets rather ridiculous.... we live in the same city, we're really good friends, we talk via twitter (and text, well until I changed phones and forgot to give her my new number).... and we've not actually seen each other in person for 18 months.

We had plans to go out to Our Cow Molly for hot chocolate and ice cream sampling, but alas the weather was piss poor and we ended up in Costa Coffee instead....... no coffee was consumed though.

As usual our catch up took a good three hours....... and another 30 minutes stood at my car .... we've promised to make much more effort in future!

On Sunday I had a christening to go to, one of the workplace babies.... being predictable, I bought books for his christening present (The Hungry Caterpillar & The Gruffalo) .... it was a nice service, if a little mad given the amount of audience participation required.... it felt rather odd to be in a church.... (not least because pagan festivals are usually held outside... )  Afterwards we went to a local hall where there was a buffet and lots of chattering.......... and children... hundreds of children... actually that's an exaggeration... but it felt like it!

Sometime over the weekend I also decided in my wisdom (!?!?) to strip all the accumulated hair dye from my hair and go au naturelle!  (I blame that stray grey eyebrow hair)....... I duly applied the horrible smelling chemical mush to my hair and waited an hour to shrink the dye molecules (well that's what it said it did) so I could then stand under the shower for 20 minutes  and wash it out......... having done this I got re-dressed (well no, that's a lie, I spent much of Saturday afternoon and evening floating about in my pj's) ... and blew dry my hair.  Shortly after I wondered into the bathroom, where sunlight was streaming through the window.... looked in the mirror and said out loud... "oh my god, I'm ginger!"   Now I have to admit, until I was 3 years old, I was ginger... but it turned boring brown.... it's been rich mahogany, plum or aubergine for the last 20 or so years....... so the fact it is now ginger again was a bit of a shock.


Today I have gone back to work, well it's Monday, and if I don't turn up they'll probably object.  I have a half day on Thursday (dental appointment in the afternoon) and I think I will be finishing early on Friday as the hairdresser can fit me in (and if I don't get it done then it might not be done before the UK Fiction meet... which it needs to be as it's just a mess at present).

I am having an argument with work at present about the cold drinks they have available........ we all have vending machines on each floor, and their is a cafe on the ground floor..... and every single cold drink bar one on sale today had either caffeine, sugar or both in it... well unless I wanted water, again.... so I ended up with Diet Cherry 7up.... which was strangely nice....... apparently they will be sorting me out more choices... but they did look at me strangely when I said I didn't want anything with caffeine in it........ I am sure they think that is the basis of what makes the office run!

Other than that, I still have no idea when my LHNB story will be out... but have set myself a task of reading and commenting on all of the other stories....... which works well and keeps me busy in the evening... kind of too busy for much else really.... which may possibly be a way of hiding from myself (again)........ but we aren't admitting that as I think I may be in a little trouble for insisting to some friends that I was "fine" at the moment....... things are a little screwed up in  my head and possibly not so fine...... but I'll work on that one.....

No comments:

Post a Comment