Friday, 7 June 2013

Friends, Vodka and Blueberries.....

But not necessarily in that order!  

Well, tis the end of the week... hurrah!!  And it's been an interesting week at that.  

One of the things that this week has taught me is to value who my friends are, and never ever to underestimate them.  Due to an online incident I have had to withdraw from something where I was in regular contact with people from around the world... regular contact is too loose a term really, we chattered daily, we sent messages to each other, we sent real mail and silly gifts to each other........ and on Sunday I worried I would lose contact with some of them... not all, my closest friends on there I was sure I would keep.... but it would be difficult as we'd lost our main point of contact.......... fast forward four day and, if anything, my friendship with them even closer.  They've been everything from fantastic support to light relief, whenever I've needed it one of them has been there.  

It's a truly wonderful feeling to realise that people care.  One of the issues I have is to do with self confidence (or lack of it), and the fact that some days I don't actually like myself very much.  Which always leads me to think that, well, if I don't like myself, why the hell would anyone else like me.... I haven't felt like that for the last few days, and it's down to this group of incredibly special friends.  I fully intend to hang onto them as best I can :)

In other news... the supermarket delivery man came this evening with my order (20 minutes late mind you - which is a cheaper slot than the one I paid for - I've complained, they are refunding the difference)..... usually the dogs are very good and stay shut in the kitchen, but for some reason tonight Hope wasn't having that.  Within seconds of me shutting the door, she'd opened it and hopped over the babygate to come see the delivery man... I dropped her back over and shut the door again........ and she repeated her Houdini act almost straight away......only this time she got past me and went and tarted around the delivery man like a complete floozy until I recaptured her and popped her in a crate for safe keeping.  

Oh yes........ and someone screwed up the delivery.....  I ordered a punnet of blueberries.... I paid for a punnet of blueberries........ for some reason I have 4 punnets of blueberries....... I am not entirely sure what to do with all these blueberries... there was a suggestion I make ice cream from them.... but I am a bit concerned what colour it would turn out.... I have memories from a rather drunken night of cocktail making that the liquidised blueberries were, erm, green, with black bits from the skin.... and a consistency very similar to frogspawn...... not that I've ever eaten frogspawn mind you... 

And finally to the vodka...... now I am pretty used to being in pain......... but to cap everything off I have toothache........ which is worse than any other parts of my body that usually ache... sad to say that the painkillers are not touching the toothache at all.... so I have resorted to vodka...... for purely medicinal purposes of course, I am not enjoying it at all...... hopefully I will get to the stage soon where the pain goes away and I can sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment