Sunday, 23 June 2013

Lost Weekend....

Well, that was fun.... this weekend I have done, well, absolutely nothing.

Okay, not quite true..... on Friday I dashed off early from work to have my hair cut, and the the supermarket delivery was, erm, delivered..... is it wrong that the delivery driver knows me well enough to spot and compliment me on the new hair cut?? (it was the same guy who talks to me about importing dogs and his Thai bride)..... on carrying through the shopping to the kitchen I discovered I had someone else's freezer bag... I didn't order 4 tubs of strawberry sorbet... and managed to flag the driver down to get the items swapped for my own........ only whilst I was doing this the evil devil dog from hell managed to get into the shopping, swiped a packet of grated cheese and demolish it in under about a minute...

Saturday I declared I was having a pyjama day.... or at least as near to one as I could get....... which meant sprawling about in my dog walking clothes and watching trashy TV and reading........ didn't happen as by 11 am I decided I couldn't manage without a shower/hairwash and clean clothes... I did manage the reading for most of the day.

Today I have ventured to do laundry......... but that has been it.... again there has been reading... and an afternoon nap (well I'm an old person now).

I have to phone my MacMillan nurse in the morning... given the pain and swelling in my leg I have a horrible feeling that before the dentist whipped out a tooth on Thursday I should probably have been on antibiotics.... my lymph system is a delicately balanced thing (or screwed depending on how you want to look at it) and I really don't want another big flare up.... particularly given that I have more dental work planned for next week.

And so it is bed time, and the end of the weekend......... in which I have accomplished nothing... and actually enjoyed it quite a lot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment