Sunday, 27 January 2013

Weekends....

This is going to sound strange to most I guess, but I am actually really not enjoying weekends very much at the moment.

I had thought, without my coursework to do I would be able to use the weekend to relax and unwind, even perhaps have some fun.... but it isn't happening.  Sure there are lots of things I could probably do but it just isn't happening.  Friday night I am usually completely worn out after work so end up crashing on the sofa with the Kindle, or on the phone for ages to friends or family. Then on Saturday after the housework has been beaten into submission I am finding I am either completely bored out of my head and want to do "something" but have no idea what (not helped by the fact that there is no one local I really have a burning desire to spend my time with - yep I am an antisocial cowbag).  It's either that or wish to just curl up in the dark and hide till Monday morning.

Okay, so I should really make an effort and go out and do things - I don't even need to have someone to go do things with, I could do them on my own but that isn't really very appealing.  On top of that the weather recently hasn't really been very accommodating. This weekend we had about 30 cm of snow falling on packed ice on Friday night which meant Saturday wasn't a day for going anywhere... though thankfully the cold snap appears to be over and it's a tropical 7 degrees C today.... it also rained in buckets over night and all the snow is now gone.

Whichever way I am feeling during the weekend is not helping me to relax..... even if I sleep for a decent length of time at night it's frequently broken sleep with periods of lying awake looking at the ceiling..... and it's a very boring plain white ceiling....

I am hoping this is just seasonal and as it warms up and the days get longer I will snap out of this and find some positivity..... for now though I will hang onto the fact that come Monday morning I can go to work and not be stuck in this house feeling horribly trapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment