So on Friday, my mother and sister headed off for Turkey for ten days, leaving me with my usual obligation of feeding the The Mavis.... though luckily my duties are lessened by the fact that sister's other half is picking up some days when he's staying there... my hands and ankles are grateful...
My mother left me with a small challenge..... in the shape of two shopping bags full of apples....and the instructions "can you do something with these please"...... and the woman only has one miniature apple tree...
Yesterday, after having my hair reduced from somewhere around my waist to back up to a sensible length just above my shoulders..... colour change imminent, when I can decide on what colour........ I spent several hours trawling through recipes trying to work out what on earth to make with the damn things....
So today, I have stewed (with cinnamon and with cloves) two huge batches of the things, I have baked mini apple pies and Norwegian apple cake, I have cooked up apple chutney and even attempted apple curd.....
I never ever want to see, smell and definitely not peel another apple again...... ever....
Though I am quite pleased to say I managed all this without burning myself, blowing anything up, destroying anything or having alarms go off (which is quite an achievement really for me)

Wow. Talk about a productive day!! I'd be totally off apples, too, after that. :)
ReplyDelete