Monday, 10 September 2012

It's definitely been a Monday....

Today has been one of those days where I wished I'd never bothered to get out of bed in the first place.... okay, so that never happens in reality as I am usually half way down the stairs throwing on clothing of some sort by the time the first early warning whimper is issued by the dogs....

Today did start reasonably well.... I was organised enough to make a proper lunch and clean the kitchen before work.... only for Hugo to turn his nose up at his own breakfast and go raid the veggie chicken sandwich I'd made and spread the contents across the hall.... by the time I'd cursed, quite a lot, at him and cleaned up I was five minutes late and lunchless...

I have a huge long list of files I need to draft documents on .... so did I spend my day getting on with them... no instead I had to hand hold a fully trained and allegedly competent solicitor through a task which usually would be left to an admin assistant to do... but no he wanted to do it himself.... I think I had about 30 e-mails or telephone calls, all in a tizzy about what he should be doing..... okay, so not entirely his fault as the person who supervises him was in court in the other side of the country.... I gave up on trying to do my own work in the end...

I did go on a bit of a spending spree at lunch time though... that is to say with no opportunity to purchase shower gel I found myself logging onto Amazon and through the joy of their one-click option... and my ability to demonstrate a highly possessive kleptomaniac when I am pissed off... bought, erm, a few, books.... thank goodness I am well enough trained to stay in budget or the mood I was in I'd have a to read list sat on the Kindle that I couldn't get through before next March.....

That said, the first one I want to read, Body Magic, means re-reading Mind Magic first to refresh my memory.... but I can start that tomorrow as I finally got round to reading Keeping Promise Rock (as recommended in my quest to work out what exactly angst is)...... I really enjoyed the book (though the middle dragged a bit).... but alas I am still none the wiser as to the whole angst thing..... I will trawl through some reviews of other books and find more books people say are "angsty" and try them .... I might work it out one day......

And to round the day off.... it is tipping it down with rain and none of the dogs want to go out which means I shall be up at midnight when they remember that there was a reason I kick them out before bed time......

1 comment: