Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Confidence crash....

Meh, I appear to have lost all confidence in my ability to write.....

Which is stupid.  There is no reason for this.  You'd have thought this would have happened, if it had to happen at all, whilst I was trying to write my LiAW story.  After all, that was the first thing I'd written in the genre, the first thing I'd put out there for people to read (save for some very short YA stuff and fan fic that was posted on friendly sites).... but no, instead, it waits till after that story has posted.... and got nice comments...

It's not that Rupert isn't still having ideas about stories.... hells no, I've got the beginnings of four short YA stories from the prompts all with about a quarter written, I've three longer M/M stories with plot out lines and even some work towards them, and then there is book 2 of the YA fantasyish thing that has about 2 chapters done....... but every time I look at any of them I just end up thinking, nope, tis all a load of gumph, then I give up looking and go read something else.

Now I originally started writing original fic about 4 years ago.... after having read a series of really really badly written books and thinking to myself 'I can do better than this'..... and it's not like I'm only reading masterpieces now... I am still occasionally picking up books and thinking 'sheesh, and this got published!'.... I just can't translate it into having confidence in my own work.

Now should my beta readers see this post I can just about guarantee that I will get a cyber slap upside the head and be told to pull myself together....... oh heck, just realised, I am being visited by both of them... together.. at the same time.. next month... oh this isn't good.....  I need to find my writing confidence asap.....


No comments:

Post a Comment